Are you confused by wordpress? Do you find all of the plugin options a bit overwhelming? Perhaps you already have a site but, don’t know what to do with it. Wherever you are in your wordpress journey, this article can help. Keep reading for some excellent tips on how to make a more professional wordpress site.
- Use your footers wisely. People often scroll to the bottom of a page to find out who runs the site, how to contact the owner or to see how fresh the content is based on a copyright date. You can even include a short biography or other information you feel is pertinent.
- Sidebars are generally packed full of useless information. To help streamline them and only include information that your visitors want, navigate to Appearance & Widgets. Remove everything from your sidebar that does not get more people on your list, make visitors take an action or make you money. By paring down your sidebar, your WordPress site will become successful.
- Encourage your users to share your site with their friends, family and loved ones on the top social media sites. Twitter and Facebook are the most optimal sites that come to mind, as this can get your name across to millions of different people. A social sharing plugin can be used to facilitate this.
- Be sure to choose unique, difficult to hack passwords and keep them secure. It doesn’t matter if you are a free WordPress blogger of a paid, self-hosted WordPress blogger: it is important to keep your passwords strong and secure. In this way, you will not have to waste valuable time cleaning up sabotage and changing passwords. This will help ensure that your blog is a success.
- If you don’t like your theme, change it! There are thousands of free themes available online which allow you to quickly and easily change the look of your site without having to know much about HTML coding. Be sure to choose themes from reputable sites to ensure they don’t affect the security of your software.
- Don’t use “admin” for your username. Bots will attack your blog if you make your username ADMINISTRATOR or ADMIN. This creates an unnecessary security risk. Delete usernames that appear with “administrator” or “admin” on your user pages. Select a different user name.
- If you upload changes to your WordPress site, but they don’t appear to have taken effect, try to refresh from a clear cache. Hold shift as you click the reload icon in your browser, or hold shift-ctrl-r at the same time. This will give you a clean version of your site which should be updated.
- Make sure that your plugins remain up to date. These are a great tool that will make your website more powerful. However, they receive updates just like normal applications. If you fail to update your plugins, you may miss key upgrades and the plugin may even stop working completely.
Ideally, you have gained some knowledge from this article. You should have a better idea how wordpress operates. Additionally, you should know some of the most popular tips on creating a professional appearance on wordpress. Use these suggestions for your own site. Soon, you will notice a difference in visitors and their experience.